I am “Some Dude” and a system/network administrator. I started these pages as a place to write down some notes so I can refer to them later, if needed. Hopefully, someone else might find something useful here as well. All information is provided as is.
I am always on the lookout for new employment opportunities in the EU. Feel free to contact me.
Some technologies I work/worked with:
- Operating systems and hardware: RedHat / CentOS Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Unix, Microsoft Windows, x86, Sun SPARC / UltraSPARC, Alpha, PowerPC, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Routers and WLAN Controllers.
- Virtualization and Cloud: VMware ESXi, vCenter, vCloud Director, SRM, Citrix Xen Server, Amazon AWS.
- Networking and telecom: Routing, Switching, Cisco IOS, Junos OS.
- Protocols: TCP, IP, VLAN, STP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NFS, NIS, HTTP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, Kerberos, LDAP, SMB, TACACS, Radius, NTP, SSL, SSH.
- Security: Checkpoint, Pfsense, IPTables, OpenBSD PF, Nmap, Nessus.
- Software: RedHat HA, RedHat Satellite / Foreman, Sun Cluster, Sun Ray, ISC Bind, ISC DHCP, Samba, vsftpd, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Apache, Tomcat, Squid, Cacti, Nagios, Symantec Netbackup, HP Data Protector.
- Programming: Shell, Ansible, Puppet, Git, CVS.
- Certifications: RHCE