I am “Some Dude” - a systems administrator, engineer, devops, whatever the latest buzzword is. I started these pages as a place to write down some notes so I can refer to them later, if necessary. Hopefully, someone else might find something useful here as well. All information is provided as is. As with everything on the internet, you should exercise discretion before implementing anything from these pages in your own environment.
I am always on the lookout for new employment opportunities in the EU. Feel free to contact me.
Some technologies I had worked with:
- Operating systems and hardware: RedHat / CentOS Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Unix, Microsoft Windows, x86, Sun SPARC / UltraSPARC, Alpha, PowerPC, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Routers and WLAN Controllers.
- Virtualization and Cloud: VMware ESXi, vCenter, vCloud Director, SRM, Citrix Xen Server, Amazon AWS.
- Networking and telecom: Routing, Switching, Cisco IOS, Junos OS.
- Protocols: TCP, IP, VLAN, STP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NFS, NIS, HTTP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, Kerberos, LDAP, SMB, TACACS, Radius, NTP, SSL, SSH.
- Security: Checkpoint, Pfsense, IPTables, OpenBSD PF, Nmap, Nessus.
- Software: RedHat HA, RedHat Satellite / Foreman, Sun Cluster, Sun Ray, ISC Bind, ISC DHCP, Samba, vsftpd, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Apache, Tomcat, Squid, Cacti, Nagios, Symantec Netbackup, HP Data Protector.
- Programming: Shell, Ansible, Puppet, Git, CVS.
- Certifications: RHCE
Some things I had worked on:
- Internal onprem private cloud based on VMware vCloud.
- Migration of internal services to Amazon AWS.
- Disentanglement of live internal infrastructure after sale of company division.
- Complete refresh and redesign of internal VMware infrastructure.
- Evolution and maintenance of semiconductor manufacturing and testing infrastructure.
Some courses I had taken:
- Checkpoint Training
- USENIX Technical Training
- Solaris System Administration
- Packeteer Training
- Red Hat Linux
- VMware vSphere
- Togaf - Management of Enterprise / IT Architecture
- VMware vCloud Director
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration
- Advanced Architecting on AWS
- Configuration Management with Puppet
- Adva ENC